Convert an Epson ET-2720 into a Sublimation Printer!
For my birthday this year my husband got me a printer that will use sublimation ink. This has opened my eyes to a whole world of craftiness. I did the research to find my best possible options and found a really good deal.
What is Sublimation you ask?
It is the process in which ink gets turned into a gas and infuses into the fabric or treated item causing the item to dye. Its pretty awesome because there is no vinyl to deal with or weed. You simply print an image and heat press it on with a heat press.
Items you need to do this:
- Epson Eco Tank printer
- Most models will work, I bought the Et-2720
- Sublimation ink, I bought the hiipoo brand found on amazon at this link
- Sublimation Paper, I bought the paper on amazon at this link
- Something to sublimate on.
- Must be 60% or more polyester or special treated items for sublimation purpose. There are a ton of them on Amazon.
- A heat press or easy press but it must get to around 400 degrees